Coming to you a little later this week, no real reason, I just hadn't decided what I was going to say yet.
This week has been a real rollercoaster, I had some pretty low days the beginning of the working week, a bit of a pain after having a brilliant weekend. The back end of this week though I have really started to feel like I am back in control of things, I got loads done at work, had some really productive meetings, and the first phase of the big project I have been working on is now in motion and so far has gone without a hitch.
I am the first to admit I can be a control freak at times, so when things aren't perfectly arranged I get a bit stressy. It has been nice to get back to being calm and controlled. I have also come up with a new way to plan my blog posts and get things organised too, which is really helping. I am planning a weekend full of sourdough starter growing, gardening, and relaxation. The weather is supposed to be wonderful so I hope it lives up to it!
Here are a few of the little things that have perked up my week:
- My hoover being returned on Monday was no joke one of the happiest moments, I hate a messy house, and I have a cat that sheds and my other half works with cars, it is a constant battle and without my favourite weapon I was a bit lost. I felt zen upon its return and I know that is oh so sad!
- On said Monday, I worked from home, and I really did miss getting to make proper coffee for the rest of the week. At the moment I am working my way through a bag of The Lincoln Coffee Company's espresso roast and I love it for flat whites.
- Perfectly ripe cherries with breakfast, I even love the process of pitting them by hand.
- Bert was exposed to catnip for the first time the other day and it was so cute to watch! He loved the stuff!!
- James and I wandered the castle walls in Lincoln last weekend, it was a beautiful day, the view was fantastic and we were up there for the fly over by the Dakota, which was wonderful to see. The best bit of it though was spotting a couple having their wedding photographs taken on the walls in front of the cathedral as the plane went over, you could just tell they would be beautiful :)
- Popping to a local hangout for tea and cake on Wednesday evening with James, it isn't something we would usually do midweek, and it really helped put me in a good mood for the next few days, the lemon cake I scoffed was delicious too!
- My veggies in the garden are doing really really well, I am so proud! I think I will be overrun with beetroot though, better get planning some recipes.
This weekend I will be:
Reading : Some manuscripts for a top secret project I have been invited to contribute to, very excited about them!
Eating: Hopefully some home made ice cream
Doing: Visiting the Garden show at the Showgrounds, with my mum. I'm hoping she will help me navigate the crazy world of plant choosing!
I hope you all have a great weekend, let me know if you have anything fun planned :)